Using Coping Skills Can Reduce Stress
Stress can arise under many circumstances, and usually leaves us feeling of out of control, and overwhelmed. Often, it’s not what happens to us that causes stress, but how we perceive our situation. Therefore, learning how to cope with these situations can help lesson feelings of stress. There are various ways to cope with stress.
1) It is necessary to recognize that you are experiencing stress to begin with then you can go about trying to alleve it.
2) It is important to realize that stressing over a situation will not improve it one bit.
3) To cope with stress, try using worst case scenarios. For example, if you are worried that your company’s downsizing plans may include you, realize that if you are let go, it is not the end of the world, and life will go on. You might even make sure to have a back up plan just in case a layoff occurs.
4) Remember to think positive. For example, instead of believing that you won’t get that promotion at work, visualize yourself getting the job advancement of your dreams.
5) If you are stressing about your excess weight, be proactive and go about reducing it by eating healthier, and getting some exercise.
6) Don’t forget to engage in some stress management techniques, such as listening to your favorite music, going dancing, reading your favorite magazine or books, working out etc.
7) And finally remember that most situations that cause you to stress out are only temporary and work themselves out eventually.